Facts and Figures
Recent timeshare purchasers are younger, wealthier, and more satisfied than ever, priming the industry for continued growth. As the vacation ownership industry continues to grow and evolve, RCI will be there at every step. Offering more than just exchange, RCI is a provider you can trust. Our people will leverage their experience and the innovative tools we provide to help you achieve your business goals. As RCI leads the way into the future, we hope you will join us.
Source: ARDA State of the Industry Report 2011
According to the ARDA AIF Shared Vacation Ownership Owners Report, 2010 Edition:
- The average age of a timeshare owner is 52.2.
- The median household income for all owners is $78,400.
- 84% of all timeshare owners have a positive ownership experience.
- 69% of all timeshare owners would recommend their timeshare resort.
- 60% would purchase timeshare again.
The strongest motivations for purchasing timeshare according to owners:
- 93% certainty of quality accommodations
- 91% saving on future vacation costs
- 89% credibility of the timeshare company
D.K. Shifflet and Associates, a leading travel and tourism research company, conducted a study in 2010 comparing timeshare and hotel satisfaction rates. Timeshares were rated higher than hotels in overall satisfaction, service, and value.
Source: Demographic Study of the Characteristics, Behaviors and Attitudes of the North American Member Base. Study commissioned by RCI and conducted by D.K. Shifflet and Associates along with PKF Hospitality Research.